July 23, 2010

Blings and Bows


Tags?!?  Yup.  I had this purple punched butterfly, so not sure of the colour of it, other than purpley,  stamped it willy nilly with flowers from the Cottage Garden set in Concord Crush, then stamped a sentiment from Occasional Quotes in the same colour.  You'll note I used the shimmer spray experiment (Champagne Shimmer Paint with rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle) and it worked ok for 2 pumps so I stopped.  Woot! I blinged my butterfly and used some just-happen-to-have-a-matching-colour-ribbon to finish things off.


This tag is one of my more 'elegant' creations.  No shimmer spray or bling. Flowers from the Friends Never Fade set are willy nilly stamped in Crumb Cake on the tag base.  I punched a Night of Navy circle with my shiny new 2 3/8" scallop circle punch and layered a white circle on top with my sentiment (it IS SU, but I don't remember the name of the set at the moment).  I used some Very Vanilla ribbon to make a bow and glued it to the bottom.

2 comments:

Micky said...

Thanks for inviting me to your site! I am following thru SC.
www.stampingcharm.blogspot.com

Melannie - Craft Haven Retreats said...

Your elegant tag reminds me of the Bella Bleu DSP--thanks for the idea! I'm heart broken that it is gone! I'm following you through the SC list!