August 22, 2010

Congratulations!



I rarely make 'fancy' cards.  They're too.....I'm not sure WHAT they are,  but they are.  So when I had to make a 'fancy' card for a 25th anniversary I was a titch nervous.  I went with elegant swirls, sparkle and pearls.

The patterned paper actually has a pearlized finish which is hard to tell on camera, but you can make out the sparkle from the heat embossed swirls (I used SU Iridescent Ice for the sparkle).  Then I tied a pretty simple bow with Very Vanilla and sprinkled some pearls on.  The sentiment stamped in Early Espresso is from the Congrats set.

Didn't turn out that bad.  In hindsight,  I could have used a bit more flourishy sentiment, but all the other ones I tried got lost in the background swirls.  It's ok though, I'll take it....I'm calling this one done. 



5 comments:

Kingston's Kreations said...

This is beautiful! I know what you mean about fancy cards but you did a great job and should do more! :)
Wendy

Jen said...

Looks great Fran! Good for you for stepping out of your comfort zone :)

Andrea said...

Following you from SC, great cards, this is especially beautiful!!

http://andreahook.blogspot.com/

Morgan said...

very pretty!
i'm following you from SC! my blog is http://stampcravings.blogspot.com
thanks! :)

Chanda Stehlik said...

So pretty! Thank you for sharing! I am one of your followers from Stampin' Connection. (I'm the one that started the Follow Me thread) I have a small favor to ask, please. I had to switch over my website (it used to be BellevueStampingClub) and lost all of my followers from SC. Would you be so kind as to go to my new site listed below and RE-follow me, please? You may have to copy and paste the link. Thanks so much! I really appreciate it!

Chanda Stehlik
www.OneCraftyMommy.com